Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Monday, August 23, 2010

Patrick Ojo and his International Brothers Band



For the next selection on the highlife turntable I have chosen a track by Patrick Ojo and his International Brothers Band titled Ebe Ukpenwu. The track is off an Ogugwa records release and is a Ukwauni song that features the guitar playing of the great guitarists Bob Fred and Franco Lee. It is a laid back tracks that features some beautiful guitar solos and the stripped down vocals help carry the haunting melody. There is no date, but judging from the pictures I would put it in the early 80's. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment