Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Monday, October 21, 2013

P.K. Asare International Band of Ghana. - Who no know, go know






















For the next selection on the highlife turntable, I have selected the track Who no know, go know, by the P.K. Asare International Band of Ghana.

The cover has seen better days, but the music still shines through.  There was no information on the cover about the performers, but I did see that P.K. Asare was listed as the conga player on the T.O. Jazz LP Welcome Ojukwu and on a number of African Brothers releases.

The song has a lot of nice parts, but the horn playing really sets it apart.  Check out the horns at the beginning and the wicked blast towards the end at the 5.45 mark.  Very fluid and soulful.  The rootsy vocals, especially the interplay between the lead vocalist and the chorus, blend really well with the guitars and percussion. Altogether a solid piece.  

I hope you like it

Ubulujaja

2 comments:

  1. very good song, I love your musical contributions, I am faithful to my blog,,, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover has seen better days, but the music still shines through. Free mp3 songs

    ReplyDelete