Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Saturday, November 12, 2016

Sir Lucky Ken K and his Sico International Band of Nigeria - Medley (Keme-Don Baikiye Otuo, SeiYeovio barasin, igbasolo okpo)






















For the next selection on the highlife turntable I have chosen a medley by Sir Lucky Ken K and his Sico International Band of Nigeria off an Adeoti records release titled: Keme Don Baikiye Otuo

One of the greatest pleasures of collecting is when you discover something unexpected.  I almost passed on this record, but decided to buy to try something new.  I was not disappointed!  The three songs in the Medley (Keme-Don Baikiye Otuo, SeiYeovio barasin, igbasolo okpo) mesh together seamlessly propelled by the pulsating lyrics of Sir Lucky Ken K on a bed of cosmic fuzzy african psych.  It is hard to describe all the beautiful parts of the song, but listen to the energetic cadence and flow.   In my opinion it is as fluid and free a song as you will ever hear as far Izon highlife goes.  A true exposition.  No information on the liner notes but style points for the cover design.

I hope you like it.

Ubulujaja


2 comments: