Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Saturday, November 9, 2019

Pere Tony Ombolo and the night rockers international band of Kabeama - Wanle Wanle Akpo























For the next selection on the highlife turntable I have selected the track Wanle Wanle Akpo by Pere Tony Ombolo and the night rockers international band of Kabeama.

Intimate and Hypnotic, the Izon song meanders over 14 minutes.  The languid vocals are accompanied by a steady percussion section that paces the song with an occasional synth flourish provided by the keyboards and guitars.  It may not have flourish or pace of an Ebizimor or Belemu song, but the drumming and vocals create a intimate spacey dialogue that I find soothing.

I hope you like it

Ubulujaja.




No comments:

Post a Comment