Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Monday, January 25, 2010

atta frimpong

For my first selection I have chosen a song by atta frimpong and his top stars called odo mu nkaebo off a tinpoum release. The release has a number of famous ghanaian stars including such heavy hitters as: eric agyeman on guitar, nana tuffour on organ, tommy king on first trumpet, and recording supervision provided by atakora manu. Its got a classic mid 70's spacey ghanaian pop feel.




See what you think and welcome to the highlife turntable.

3 comments:

  1. Great tune!

    Would you mind posting an image of the 45? That would really be appreciated, too!

    Thank you very much for sharing this great music!

    ReplyDelete