Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kyeremateng Atwedee Stars




















For the next selection on the highlife turntable, I have selected the track Dodoo Atu Agyina by the Kyeremateng Atwedee Stars off their Obuoba release Hwe Dee Akosie.  Kwasi Kyeremateng was 25 when this LP was released and was from Atwedee, which is about 10 miles from konongo.

The lead vocalist for the song is Believer Moore and Kyeremateng-Atwedee is listed as the composer and arranger. The song is sung in Akan.    The rhythm of the vocals and guitar playing are especially nice.  Check out the a cappella vocals in the beginning of the song and the guitar solo at the 3.45 mark.  Classic laid back stuff.

I hope you like it

1 comment: