Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Friday, February 13, 2015

Chukwuemeka Madukwem and the Big Seven






















For the next selection on the Highlife Turntable I have selected the track Onwu Egbuchula Nnem by Chukwuemeka Madukwem and the Big Seven.

I do not know anything about the performer, but the song is off a 1979 Jicco Records Release.  The tune is pretty simple, but the vocals and horn solos give the song a nice laid back quality.  Nothing fancy, but clean and straightforward.  I've been listening to the song the last couple of weeks and thought I'd share it.    I hope you like it.

Let me know if you know anything about the performer or the style of music.

Thanks.

Ubulujaja

No comments:

Post a Comment